Helping patients regain strength and functional ability are key goals of Tender Loving Family Care’s team of highly skilled physical therapists. Our home rehabilitation therapies are individually developed to address each patient’s unique condition and take into account his or her goals and special needs.
We work with patients who have suffered a stroke or undergone an orthopedic surgery, in addition to patients who have chronic diseases such as Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) or Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). Our programs are designed to improve patients’ physical abilities, increase their strength capabilities and make the activities of daily living easier to manage.
Some of the services we provide patients include the following:
- A complete physical assessment of the patient and the patient’s environment
- Communication with the patient’s physician regarding goals and progress
- The establishment of an individualized plan of treatment with input from the patient and the patient’s caregivers
- The establishment of a home maintenance program
- Individualized training and instruction to patients and their caregivers
- Safety training
- A complete range of therapeutic exercises that are individualized to meet the particular needs of specific patients
Our program begins with an individualized evaluation to determine each patient’s specific needs. Then, in conjunction with the patient’s physician, our occupational therapists create a personalized plan of care designed to restore the patient to a maximum level of independence in the activities of daily living.
Our Physical Therapists have been trained to help you regain or maintain your mobility through services such as:
- Muscle Exercises
- Muscle Re-education
- Training in the use of transfer and ambulatory equipment
- Balance and Gait Training
- Enhancing motor control