Job Title: Personal Care Aide
Summary: Under the direction and supervision of the RN, administer care in clients’ homes and to assist clients by performing minor tasks in accordance with the patient care plan as established by the RN.
Education/Training: PCA Certification. Training also available.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Administer care to clients in accordance with established nursing plans of care.
- Document client clinical records in accordance with policies and procedures, and reflect delivery of quality and safe home health care services.
- Maintain required notes on a daily basis regarding clients’ physical, emotional and social status.
- Record and report in an accurate manner any symptoms, reactions or responses of clients that have changed.
- Conduct personal hygiene duties for clients to include bathing and grooming.
- Assure clients’ environments are neat and orderly to include performing light housekeeping duties and maintaining laundry.
- Prepare clients’ meals in accordance with dietary requirements and established plans of care.
- Transfer clients to and from beds, chairs and other locations in a safe manner.
- Ambulate clients in a safe manner with and without ambulatory devices.
- Provide emotional support to clients and family members.
- Maintain and properly utilize all equipment needed for care of clients.
- Notify appropriate individuals of information regarding malfunctioning equipment and inadequate supplies.
- Maintain confidentiality of all client information.
- Participate in educational programs as required.