Tender Loving Family Care, Inc. a leader in licensed home health care has an exciting full time positions available.
Job Title: Licensed Practical Nurse
Summary: Under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse (RN); Care for ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled persons. Work under the supervision of a registered nurse. Licensing required.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Observe patients, charting and reporting changes in patients’ conditions, such as adverse reactions to medication or treatment, and taking any necessary action.
- Administer prescribed medications or start intravenous fluids and directed and or supervised by an RN, and note times and amounts on patients’ charts.
- Measure and record patients’ vital signs, such as height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration.
- Provide basic patient care and treatments, such as taking temperatures and blood pressure, dressing wounds, treating bedsores, giving enemas, douches, alcohol rubs, and massages, or performing catheterizations.
- Help patients with bathing, dressing, and personal hygiene, moving in bed, and standing and walking.
- Work as part of a home care team to assess patient needs, plan and modify care and implement interventions.
- Record food and fluid intake and output.
- Evaluate nursing intervention outcomes, conferring with other health-care team members as necessary.
- Assemble and use equipment such as catheters, tracheotomy tubes, and oxygen suppliers.
- Prepare patients for examinations, tests and treatments and explain procedures.
- Prepare food in the home and examine them for conformance to prescribed diet.
- Apply compresses, ice bags, and hot water bottles.
- Clean rooms and make beds.
- Inventory and requisition supplies and instruments.
- Provide medical treatment and personal care to patients in private home settings, such as cooking, keeping rooms orderly, seeing that patients are comfortable and in good spirits, and instructing family members in simple nursing tasks.
- Wash and dress bodies of deceased persons.
- Make appointments, keep records and perform other clerical duties for home care agency.