Summary: Provide basic patient care under direction and supervision of the RN, perform home care duties, such as feed, bathe, dress, groom, or move patients, or change linens in accordance with the patients care plan as developed by the RN.
Education/Training: HHA Certification. Training also available.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Administer care to clients in accordance with nursing care plans established by Home Health Care Registered Nurse.
- Direct patients in simple exercises and in the use of braces or artificial limbs.
- Maintain records of patient care, condition, progress, and problems in order to report and discuss observations with a supervisor or case manager.
- Provide patients with help moving in and out of beds, baths, wheelchairs or automobiles, and with dressing and grooming.
- Accompany clients to doctors’ offices and on other trips outside the home, providing transportation, assistance and companionship.
- Change bed linens, wash and iron patients’ laundry, and clean patients’ quarters.
- Entertain, converse with, or read aloud to patients to keep them mentally healthy and alert.
- Implement and accurately document procedures and treatments according to agency policy on a daily basis.
- Prepare client’s meals as indicated. Assist or feed clients as necessary in an unhurried and pleasant manner.